Nipli falls and dam

10th September 2010


We always exert ourselves in going to farther and new places but are ignorant of the great ones near us. One such place was Nipli falls. It was so near to my native place yet I was completely unaware of its existence.

When came to know about this place, I made it a point to visit this falls during my recent trip to native place.


Lot of small streams from nearby hills converge into a small reservoir and the water overflowing from the dam flows for 200mtr before falling from about 20ft.


The beautiful part is the backwaters. I would say that it is the safest place to play in the water. While swimmers can venture deep into the backwater, non swimmers can also play without any issues. Beautiful place for kids as they can play in water without any safety problems.

A place completely free from crowd. Hope it remains for long time.

Labels: , ,